Thursday, January 15, 2009

something deeper.

Audience of One by Big Daddy Weave

I come on my knees
To lay down before you
Bringing all that I am
Longing only to know you
Seeking your face
And not only your hand
I find you embracing me
Just as I am

And I lift these songs
To you and you alone
As I sing to you
In my praises make your home

To my audience of one
You are Father, and you are Son
As your spirit flows free,
Let it find within me
A heart that beats to praise you.
And now just to know you more
Has become my great reward
To see your kingdom come
And your will be done
I only desire to be yours,
Lord

So what could I bring
To honor your majesty
What song could I sing
That would move the heart of royalty
When all that I have
Is this life that you’ve given me
So Lord let me live for you
My song with humility

And Lord as the love song
Of my life is played
I have one desire
To bring glory to your name

To my audience of one
You are Father, and you are Son
As your spirit flows free,
Let it find within me
A heart that beats to praise you.
And now just to know you more
Has become my great reward
To see your kingdom come
And your will be done
I only desire to be yours,
Lord

And we lift these songs
To you and you alone
As we sing to you
In our praises make your home

To my audience of one
You are Father, and you are Son
As your spirit flows free,
Let it find within me
A heart that beats to praise you.
And now just to know you more
Has become my great reward
To see your kingdom come
And your will be done
I only desire to be yours,
Lord

as a Christian, this song is so easy to hear and identify with. you hear it and go, "yeah, what a great message - performing for God alone, not caring what others think". as an artist, musician, and performer, this song is kind of really hard to think about. like the ideal of living only for God and caring only what He thinks is kool and all, but performing an audience of ONE? that's like... scary. think "career suicide". but i have to force myself to realize that He really is all that matters. that He is the only thing that will last. that worldly fame will fade and die, but His knowledge of me will last an ETERNITY. (also a scary topic, but one for another day.)

on another note: what powerful lyrics!

"seeking your face/and not only your hand" is holding my attention for some reason, though i don't fully understand it.

"i find You embracing me/just as i am". it constantly amazes me that God knows absolutely EVERYTHING about us, but loves us any way. and what's more, loves us more than we could ever imagine. He takes us just as we are. rather, he constantly takes us back just as we are.

"in my praises make your home". a house is temporary. a home is forever. our praises to Him should be constant and forever.

"what song could i sing/that would move the heart of Royalty". as a singer i'm constantly thinking about how well songs fit my voice or what song i would perform if i were performing at this or that venue. i never stop to think, though, that God created music. He knows all the chords, He's heard all my bad notes. i could sing better that i've ever sung, i could even be regaled as the best singer of all time. but if it's not in His name, it is worth nothing.

"all that i have/is the life that You’ve given me/so Lord let me live for You/my song with humility". it's so weird to think that the most precious thing i have - my very life - was never mine to begin with. i don't own myself, and to be honest, it's probably a good thing. one, i could never pay the price to get into Heaven. two, it forces me to be accountable. to realize that, though, i have to be humble. i have to live with humility. everything i do should be overshadowed by the glory of God.

"and Lord as the love song/of my life is played". to think the Creator of the universe wrote my life story to be a love song... it brings tears to my eyes.



i hope this song speaks to you. if it doesn't, go find one that does. write about it. and let me know so i can peek into your brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment